Car Extended Warranty
Your rights regarding after market warranties: The federal Consumer Product Warranties law, under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, states, in part, in Title 15, United States Code, Section 2302, subdivision (c) that:
"No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer's using, in connection with such product, any
, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade, or corporate name; except that the prohibition of this subsection may be waived by the [Federal Trade] Commission if –
- the warrantor satisfies the Commission that the warranted product will function properly only if the article or service so identified is used in connection with the warranted product, and
- the Commission finds that such a waiver is in the public interest. The Commission shall identify in the Federal Register, and permit public comment on, all applications for waiver of the prohibition of this subsection, and shall publish in the Federal Register its disposition of any such application, including the reasons therefor."
Under this federal statute, a manufacturer, who issues a warranty on your motor vehicle, is prohibited from requiring you to use a particular brand of product, unless such item is provided, free of charge, under your warranty or unless the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) waives this prohibition against the manufacturer.
1. Your Auto Warranty: What To Try To Find | Cheap Lotro Gold Investing
It's very important to understand the different areas of an auto warranty as it's good to learn the difference between an extended auto warranty and a fresh car warranty. A typical new car warranty has two parts: ...
2. Extended Auto Warranty Facts | Welcome to Got Dirt Wisconsin dot org
Extended service contracts are usually known as an extensive auto warranty. They are most on average a promise to pay for the repair facility to displace or repair a protected part and/or component that has failed or wor ...
3. Nissan Extended Warranty from Aftermarket Providers Now Quoted ...
The Auto Pros company has now added aftermarket providers for Nissan extended warranty programs at http://autoprosusa.com/auto-warranty. These imported policy providers are setup to offer coverage for any year of .. ...
4. Should you acquire an extended warranty for your car?
Right now, most new cars come with an comprehensive bumper-to-bumper warranty that covers the entire car for at least 3 years or 36,000 miles (excluding products that wear out, like brakes and clutches). Many cars carry& ...